Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Guilty Pleasures No. 1: High School

I enjoy high school romance comedy manga quite a bit. I think it has to do that it makes me reminisce of my time in high school. However, my days were absolutely nothing like these stories. I would say it is because I went to an all boy's high school but I think it all has to do with the fact that these are fictional characters. Now I'm not saying that this kind of thing doesn't happen somewhere, its just that if it does it isn't nearly as exaggerated as it is in these stories.

Anyway, there are tons of series about innocence, awkward first loves, and whatever else that happens in these high schools that are dear to me. I's is one of my top recommended series and I currently look forward to the releases of Love Com that show up in my comic store bin. The few I listed below are some recent ones that come to mind that should definitely be checked out.




Ane Doki

Here we have a young middle school kid who by bizarre circumstances ends up having a idol quality high school girl living in his house with him while his father is out on business.

This series is complete and is a quick read.

http://www.onemanga.com/Ane_Doki/



Fujoshi Rumi

Boy likes girl, girl likes Yaoi, boy still likes girl, girl thinks about boy with other boys or as her as a boy.

Check your local store or Amazon for this one, three volumes out to date.




Sundome
I don't even know what to say for this one. It is so far over the top with the pervy situations the main characters put themselves into. These kids have some very crazy fetishes and somehow all of this manages to happen in high school.

Check your local stores or Amazon for this, currently there are up to volume 6 with seven coming out in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment